1. Arrive early to enjoy the downtown. This way there is no rush to find parking and get tickets before the train leaves at its departure time.
2. Before boarding the train check out the restroom at the depot. There are no restrooms on the train.
3. Dress for the weather. If it is a cool, rainy day, bring jackets. If it is a warm, sunny day, dress in layers to stay cool if it is too warm. Bring an extra bottle of water for the ride.
4. Bring a camera. There are some amazing views and neat artifacts along the way.
5. Turn off the phone and have fun! Take the time to enjoy what it might have been like to ride a train a hundred years ago.
6. Eating or drinking is not permitted aboard historic train cars, however, water with a secure cap or lid is encouraged. You can also pack a lunch or snacks to enjoy at the picnic tables at the Railway History Campus.