Canadian Collieries 17

This freight locomotive (Baldwin Locomotive Works, 1891), was operated by Union Colliery Company, then Canadian Collieries. It was built with a 0-6-0T (T for “Tank”) wheel arrangement but was rebuilt as a 2-6-0T+T (“Mogul” Tank + Tender) in 1918. Number 17 pulled coal trains throughout its career on Vancouver Island and was retired in 1960. It was purchased by the Northwest Railway Museum, pulled trains on the museum’s interpretive railway until 1969, and is currently stored at the Kimball Creek Yard in downtown Snoqualmie.

Details about former steam excursions at the Northwest Railway Museum are included in this blog post:


More Info